At Millikin University (MU) we value diverse experiences and perspectives and strive to fully include everyone who engages at MU. Millikin makes its campus accessible to faculty, 学生, staff and visitors with disabilities in accordance with applicable state and federal laws including but not limited to Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 prohibit discrimination against individuals with disabilities. According to these civil rights laws and corresponding regulations, no otherwise qualified person with a disability shall, solely by reason of his or her disability, 被排除在参与之外, 被剥夺…的好处, or be subjected to discrimination under any program or activity of a public entity.
Disability accommodations for faculty and staff:
Millikin University 学生 with a disability who wish to request academic accommodations under ADA/Section 504 must make an appointment with the 残疾服务署署长 to submit verification of their disability and discuss appropriate academic accommodations. Students will be required to sign a release of information form allowing staff to notify their faculty about the accommodations to be provided. 信息rmation about 学生’ needs and accommodations will be shared only with those individuals who need to know. 请拨217与银河app平台网址的中心办公室联系.424.6424. 欲了解更多信息，请访问明尼苏达大学 学术住宿 page.
Pets and non-research animals normally are restricted on university property. 然而, 根据联邦法律, 服务的动物s are not excluded from university property or 活动 so long as they meet the guidelines set forth in this policy. 服务的动物s are defined as animals that are individually trained to perform tasks for individuals with disabilities such as:
- Pulling wheelchairs for those with limited mobility
- Alerting and protecting a person who is having a seizure
Millikin University is committed to serving the housing needs of 学生 with disabilities. 以下是 ADA提供住房:
The New Halls offer the following amenities:
Dolson Hall offers the following amenities:
- Building has emergency call stations located on the landings of the east stairwells
The Woods at Millikin University offers the following amenities:
- 前装垫圈 & 烘干机
- Breakfast bar is low for wheelchair accessibility
- Cabinets in bathroom can be taken out for wheelchair accessibility
Millikin University does not evaluate individuals or determine functioning levels. The Office of 居住生活 reviews documentation to determine if an individual is eligible for special housing accommodations. 根据文档是否合格, the Office of 居住生活 will be in contact with the individual to determine the appropriate housing. 在评审过程中, the Office of 居住生活 may confer with other University offices and departments.
Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 prohibit discrimination against individuals with disabilities. According to these civil rights laws and corresponding regulations, no otherwise qualified person with a disability shall, solely by reason of his or her disability, 被排除在参与之外, 被剥夺…的好处, or be subjected to discrimination under any program or activity of a public entity.
The Office of 居住生活 at Millikin University strives to provide a climate of equal opportunity in all of its programs, 活动, 和服务, and as required by the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 and the Fair Housing Act. 居住生活 will work to provide accommodations for any qualified resident with a disability. Housing for special needs may be limited due to space availability.
欲了解更多信息，请访问居住生活 特殊的住房要求 page.
密利金大学紧随其后 网页内容易读性指引 (WCAG) 2.0 recommended by W3C which covers a wide range of recommendations for making Web content more accessible. By following these guidelines we make our content accessible to a wider range of people with disabilities, 包括失明和低视力, 耳聋和听力损失, 学习障碍, 认知的局限性, 有限的运动, 语言障碍, photosensitivity and combinations of these. By following these guidelines, Millikin makes our web content more usable to users in general.
- Non-text Content - all non-text content that is presents to the user has a text alternative that serves the equivalent purpose
- Audio and Video content - audio and video content is clearly labeled and mostly embedded through an outside platform that offers captioning as well as text alternatives.
- 信息, Relationships and Meaningful Sequence - 信息rmation, structure and relationships conveyed through presentation and markup can be programmatically determined or are available in text. The sequence in which the content is displayed and the use of section headings will also help correlate the meaning and further organize content.
- Use of Color - Color is not used as the only visual means of conveying information, 指示和行动, 促使一个响应, 或区分视觉元素.
- Resize Text - Text can be resized without assistive technology without loss of content or functionality.
If you find any of the pages on the giving.plannedgiving.www.bullofthewoodsonline.com site do not meet your requirements to properly view the page content please notify us by completing the 帮助银河app平台网址 form.